We are looking for a CAD draughtsman to join our design team here at Newsmith Stainless. Based in Roberttown, near Huddersfield, we manufacture industrial washing and handling equipment for the food industry. As a manufacturer of capital equipment all projects are bespoke and range from single machines to large automated systems. We are looking for a methodical individual with a high attention to detail.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Producing layouts and detailed drawings using SolidWorks.
- Working to customer specifications, and developing solutions that fit with customer requirements.
- Working to all relevant health and safety standards and legislation.
- Producing, compiling and completing any relevant documentation (machine manuals, technical aspects of sales bids, etc).
- Dealing directly with customers, suppliers and colleagues to progress projects and solve problems.
- Continually looking for opportunities to reduce costs in both the design and manufacturing process.
- Occasional travel (domestic and international) to conduct site visits and accompany sales calls.
Requirements of the role include:
- More than 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Automation experience preferred.
- A background in food processing, pharma or logistics would be beneficial.
- A relevant undergraduate degree is preferred, but not essential.
- Must be based within a commutable distance.
Necessary skills for the role include:
- High proficiency with CAD Software (Solidworks preferred).
- High proficiency in English, both written and oral.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £32,000.00 /year